Welcome to the Hopton-on-Sea Parish Council (HPC) website. Our objective is to keep you up to date with news about the Council. If you are unable to find the information you are seeking please telephone 01502 730768 or e-mail email@example.com
HPC is a non-political organisation, representing the third tier of local government. We meet on the second Monday each month in the Village Hall Complex, Station Road, Hopton-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth Norfolk NR31 9BE at 7pm. Members of the public are always welcome to attend. A “public forum” takes place during each meeting when residents can ask questions and provide their views on matters affecting them relating to the village. An agenda is produced for each monthly meeting and is displayed on the three notice boards. These are located outside the Village Hall Complex and Health Centre on Station Road, in front of St. Margaret’s Ruins on Coast Road and on Links Road. Further copies are available at each meeting.
What does the Parish Council do?
- Consult with Great Yarmouth Borough Council (GYBC) on planning matters
- Implement policy and manage resources
- Maintain financial records
- Assist Electors with enquiries
- Consult with various agencies that provide services to the village i.e. highways, street lighting, grass cuting, play areas.
- Attend meetings to ensure residents’ views are heard
- Consult with Electors on topical issues
- Work towards achieving the objectives set out in the 10 year Parish Plan
- Set up advisory committees (which may include members of the public) to deal with specific issues
- Produce minutes from each meeting with action points